- BY Kitchen Cabinets
- POSTED IN Kitchen Cabinets
- WITH 0 COMMENTS
- STANDARD POST TYPE
If you’ve been unhappy with how your kitchen looks, now’s the time to act! If it’s nothing extensive that you’re looking for, maybe you can try replacing or installing new cabinets just to add that touch of freshness.
You can style them the way you want and eliminate all the signs of wear and tear from the past years. But, how should you go about updating your kitchen cabinets?
We can help you decide on the best kitchen cabinet options you can opt for keeping in mind the cost as well as the many pros and cons of replacing or installing your kitchen cabinets.
Let’s get right into it!
Replacing Your Cabinets
When you talk about replacing your cabinets, that means completely replacing them with brand new cabinets of your choice. Everything will be replaced from the cabinet box construction to the entire door. It allows you to pick everything from scratch – styles, colors, and finishes.
Replacing your cabinets can cost you different – it all depends on your needs and on the location of your house. Other areas have different prices for replacing cabinets. They can go as high as $20,000.
The cost depends on the following:
- The style of the cabinet: There are many options to choose from when styling a cabinet, such as semi-custom, custom, and stock. The cost tends to be much higher when you opt for a custom or semi-custom one. This is for people who have different designs and measurements in their kitchen.
- The type of layout: The cost of fixing your new cabinets depends on the new structure that you’ve set for your kitchen. If it is large, you’ll have to put in more money to get the cabinets that complement it.
- The materials being used: There is no denying that all materials have a different cost. If you replace your plywood cabinets with solid wood, it will cost you based on the accessibility and strength of the wood being used.
- The design: Cabinets with simple designs are of a lower cost than the ones with more complex designs. It depends on you and your preference.
Pros & Cons Of Replacing Your Kitchen Cabinets
Before replacing your cabinets, you might want to consider the pros and cons to know what you’re going for.
- You can get a new kitchen look altogether
- You can change the layout to what you want
- Replacing your kitchen cabinets will help you customize
- You can replace all the worn-out/damaged cabinets, drawers, and shelves
- It will cost way more than just installing new cabinets
- Replacing will not just make more money, but it will take more time
- Inconvenience — You’ll have to go without your kitchen for a while
- You might also replace the doors, drawers, shelves, etc., and the cabinets.
Installing Your Cabinets
Installing new kitchen cabinets is an excellent way of enhancing the aesthetics of your kitchen. But as you think about installing them, you start to calculate the cost. Installing kitchen cabinets can go up as high as $12,000.
While this cost is tentative, many factors contribute to the total cost of installing kitchen cabinets.
- The quality of kitchen cabinets
- The different types of kitchen cabinets
- How big or small are your kitchen cabinets are
- The range of materials being used
- How much customization has been done
- The installation service charges
Pros & Cons Of Installing Your Kitchen Cabinets
Even though this might look like the best option in terms of cost and time, it has cons, so you should be aware of everything before deciding.
- You get an instant fix
- It will refresh the entire kitchen
- If you have the time and skill, you can do it yourself
- It is cost-effective (as compared to the above option)
- It will save you time
- You don’t have to stop using the kitchen
- There are a variety of customized components available in the market for this
- You will have the same amount of space. The only thing changed will be the look
- You’ll have to end up replacing them after a few years, depending upon the age of your house
If you’re looking for a cabinet repair, cabinet maintenance, or cabinet installation, contact Kitchen Cabinets Only. You can also call us with your queries: Broward (954)-800-0554 or Palm Beach (561)-609-3303